Yemen Increases Official Fees for Trademarks, Geographical Indications and Industrial Designs Services
Source : AG-IP News
Visits : 5982
Special to ag-IP-news Agency
SANAA - The Council of Ministers in Yemen has issued two ministerial decrees stipulating an increase in the fees for trademarks and geographical indications in addition to industrial designs services.
The Ministerial Decree No. 178 of the year 2011 for trademarks and geographical indications and Decree No. 149 of 2011 for industrial designs state that the increase in official fees will be effective as from October 01, 2011.
The Implementing Regulations related to trademarks have also been released and the registration procedures have been amended as per the following:
- The filing and registration fees have been merged.
- The 8th Edition of the Nice Classification has been adopted without the local sub classification, noting that Class 33 and alcoholic beverages in Class 32 cannot be registered in Yemen.
- The official fees for filing a trademark in black & white and in color are now the same.
- There will be also a second publication of trademarks upon registration, which will include the mark’s number, applicant’s name and the date of the publication upon filing.
- The Trademark Office will not issue any certificates for renewal, change of name, change of address, merger or assignment.
- A request for cancellation of a license agreement can now be submitted with the Trademark Office.